Anti Ragging Undertaking
It is mandatory as per Hon. Supreme Court & UGC regulation that all students fill in Anti-Ragging Undertaking, each year. You are required to follow steps as under:
- You must have the Email-id please. Create one before filling on line Undertaking Form.
- Students have to visit the website i.e www.antiragging.in or www.amanmovement.org
- Click on "Click here to download the Anti-Ragging Affidavit" for website www.antiragging.in or "online Affidavit" for website www.amanmovement.org and read the instructions carefully.
- Fill the Anti-Ragging Undertaking Form and submit it online.
- You will receive the Student, Parent Undertaking at your Email-id as attachments.
- Download the Undertakings, take the Printout, sign it (Self attested) and submit to the college at the time of admission.
ORDINANCE XV-C Prohibition and Punishment for Ragging
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited, within the premises of College/Department or Institution and any part of Delhi University system as well as on public transport.
- Any individual or collective act or practice of ragging constitutes gross indiscipline and shall be dealt with under this Ordinance.
- Ragging for the purposes of this Ordinance, ordinarily means any act, conduct or practice by which dominant power or status of senior students is brought to bear on students freshly enrolled or students who are in any way considered junior or inferior by other students; and includes individual or collective acts or practices which-
- Involve physical assault or threat to use of physical force
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of women students
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of students belonging to the scheduled caste and tribe
- Expose students to ridicule and contempt and affect their self-esteem
- Entail verbal abuse and aggression, indecent gestures and obscene behaviour.
- The Principal of a College, the Head of the Department or an Institution, the authorities of College, or University Hostel or Halls of Residence shall take immediate action on any information of the occurrence of ragging.
- Notwithstanding anything in Clause (4) above, the Proctor may also suomoto enquire into any incident of ragging and make a report to the Vice-Chancellor of the identity of those who have engaged in ragging and the nature of the incident.
- The Proctor may also submit an initial report establishing the identity of the perpetrators of ragging and the nature of the ragging incident.
- If the Principal of a College or Head of the Department or Institution or the Proctor is satisfied that for some reason, to be recorded in writing, it is not reasonably practical to hold such an enquiry, he/she may so advise the Vice-Chancellor accordingly.
- When the Vice-Chancellor is satisfied that it is not expedient to hold such an enquiry, his/her decision shall be final.
- On the receipt of a report under Clause (5) or (6) or a determination by the relevant authority under clause (7) disclosing the occurrence of ragging incidents described in Clause 3(a), (b) and (c), the Vice-Chancellor shall direct or order rustication of a student or students for a specific number of years.
- The Vice-Chancellor may in other cases of ragging order or direct that any student or students be expelled or be not for a stated period, admitted to a course of study in a college, departmental examination for one or more years or that the results of the student or students concerned in the examination or examinations in which they appeared be cancelled.
- In case any students who have obtained degrees or diplomas of Delhi University are found guilty; under this Ordinance, appropriate action will be taken under Statute 15 for withdrawal of degrees or diploma conferred by the University.
- For the purpose of this Ordinance, abetment to ragging whether by way of any act, practice or incitement of ragging will also amount to ragging.
- All Institutions within the Delhi University system shall be obligated to carry out instruction/ directions issued under this Ordinance, and to give aid assistance to the Vice-Chancellor to achieve the effective implementation of the Ordinance.
Note: Order of the Vice-Chancellor in pursuance of Ordinance XV-C:
Where incident (s) of ragging are reported to the Vice-Chancellor by any authority under this Ordinance, the students (s) involved in ragging, shall be expelled for a specified term, designated in the order. Non-students involved in reports of ragging will be proceeded with under the criminal law of India; they will also be rendered ineligible for period of five years from seeking enrolment in any of the institutions of the University of Delhi. Students against whom necessary action is taken under this note, will be given post decisional hearing, with strict adherence to the rules of natural justice.
The students in distress can call the ‘National Anti-Ragging’ helpline 1800-180-5522 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org